Want to know how to make the blue sticky rice for the mango sticky rice? Check this out!
How to make sticky rice for your mango sticky rice
- Thai Mango with sticky rice, also known as glutinuous rice, is a sweet Thai food. The rice becomes sticky when cooked. Learn how to cook it right.
- Put 3 cups of rice in a large pot. Cover it with 2-3 inches of water above the rice. Let it soak for 24 hours.
- Drin the soaked rice and pour into a steamer basket
- Boil 2-3 inches of water in the pot and set the steamer over it. Make sre the rice doesn’t drop into the water
- Cover and steam for 20-30 minutes.
- Stir the rice evenly.
- Steam for another 5 minutes.
Sticky Rice Ingredients
- 300 gms sticky rice
- 250ml coconut milk
- 4-5 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2-3 pandan leave
How to add the blues in your sticky rice (glutinuous rice)
- Boil the coconut milk, sugar and salt in the wok or pot.
- Add purple tea leaves into the wok or pot.
- Add 2-3 pandan leaves tied in a knot
- Cook the coconut for about 2-5 minutes till it boils and colour emerge into the coconut milk
- Once cooked, add the blue coconut milk into the cooked sticky rice
- Stir to make sure the coconut milk is evenly mixed with the sticky rice.
- Keep for about 30 minutes before serving.
How to serve the mango sticky rice
- You can make balls of mango sticky rice
- Cut mango into half and slice diagonally on both sides for designs
- Serve with the ball of mango sticky rice
Optional: Add the coconut cream onto the blue sticky rice for taste before serving.
Check out how to cook Thai food for more local favourite food.