What is Durian Fruit
Durian is known as the “King of Fruit” in Asia. It has very hard, thorny shells on the outer layer and yellow, beige or off white creamy, sweet and sometimes bittery sweet edible flesh on brown inedible seeds in the inside. Durian is known to have a very unique pungent smell. You either love or loathe this fruit.
Durian is a seasonal fruit, usually available in June/July or Aug through December.
Durian is rich in nutrients and fiber.
The Benefits of Durian Fruit
- Its calcium and potassium content helps aid healthy bones
- Its rich iron content helps reduce anemia and iron deficiency
- It is rich in antioxidant, reducing risks of cancer
- Its anti-inflammatory helps prevent cold and flu
- It helps anti-aging and enhances skin condition
- It reduces stress
- It treats insomnia
- It aids digestive systems and relieves constipation
- It improves cardiovascular health
- It helps with improve immune systems